I can not even begin to say how thankful I am to still be pregnant! Every night I thank the Lord a bizillion times that my babies are still tucked away safely in my gigantic belly for another day. The statistics for babies born at 26 weeks are about a 75% chance of survival, and then about a 25% chance of a major lifelong disability for surviving babies. Those are not statistics that really make me breathe easy, but they are WAY better than the 23/24 week statistics of a 50% chance of survival and then 50% chance of major disability for surviving babies. 28 weeks brings a 90% chance of survival with a 10% chance of major disability, and THOSE are numbers I can feel pretty good about, especially given my situation! Sometimes I feel guilty for praying for more time pregnant because I have already been given so much, but to see 28 weeks would be so amazing!
I am the worlds worst person at keeping up with this blog. It's been almost a month since I have updated, and I really need to be better at it. It's not like I have a ton to do sitting in my hospital room! A lot has happened since I have last updated. Basically as of last Wednesday I only have about 2mm (0.2cm) of cervical length left, which the doctor is calling no length left. But thankfully I was not dilated at all when they did that ultrasound. That night I started having regular contractions and was given a dose of Procardia to stop them, and thankfully after a couple of hours it worked. I feel kind of like a ticking time bomb, just waiting for it to happen at any moment. I don't think anyone here really expects me to make it much longer (although one of my docs is optimistic!), but I am still determined to see 28 weeks. Unfortunately I don't think it really matters how determined I am, but it can't hurt, right?! I also found out today that I have carpal tunnel syndrome, but luckily it's only in my right wrist, and the doc said it should go away after I deliver the babies. I have also had to have (a few weeke ago) an EKG, heart ultrasound, and wear a holter monitor for a day because my pulse has been really high, and also from having palpitations. These things can definitely be normal in a multiple pregnancy because of the increased blood volume and the heart having to work so much harder, but they wanted to cover their bases and make sure there were no underlying issues, and luckily all my tests came back normal. Other than those minor things and my cervical issues, I haven't had much else going on!
I feel okay, it's getting a lot harder to get around because of the pelvic pain, but I'm not to the point to where it's unbearable yet. My skin feels like it will just rip at any moment, and I am constantly in amazement that I can keep growing and growing. I say it all the time but a woman's body is truly amazing! But I know I haven't seen anything yet if I am lucky enough to stay pregnant a few more weeks! I will post some pics when I post from my laptop next time.
Once again we are so thankful for everyone in our lives, and we really appreciate all the prayers and support! We definitely appreciate any continued prayers that I am able to stay pregnant for as long as possible! Hopefully I will get to update the blog another time or two before they make their arrival!